Tea House Team Manager/Barista
Hourly Wage: Meet in person at tea house/or email at email@example.com (pay will differ based on age, experience, and performance). Ma's Tea House complies with NJ labor laws.
Ma’s Tea House, est. 2021, is a new and exciting bubble tea venture. Our goal is to provide an amazing bubble tea/cafe experience for everyone.
Looking for part-time team manager/barista! Must be available to work 35+ hours per week. Weekend and evening availability is a must.
- Prepare bubble tea drinks/other beverages for customers
- Clean, prepare, and operate kitchen duties: making fresh tapioca pearls (bubbles), cleaning dishes, organizing ingredients, etc.
- Comply with health and safety regulations: cleaning and maintaining physical bubble tea shop (cleaning equipment and bathroom, store furniture, etc.)
- Take orders via POS (point of sale) system
- Provide amazing customer service ( genuinely listen to our customers)
- Manage our team members (training and socializing with each other)
- Suggest sales to boost profitability for our flagship shop
- Experiment with new tea blends and ingredients
- Market our brand via social media (TikTok, Instagram, etc.)
- Manage product inventory (ingredients, cups/supplies, products)
- Open and close shop when needed
- Cover shop alone at certain periods of time
- Must be able to work in the US
- At least Part-Time commitment (35+ hours per week). Weekends (Saturday + Sunday) is a must
- Previous experience as a barista/bubble tea maker (preferred, but training will be provided)
- There will be 3 training days. Performance will be monitored in order to ensure best experience for customers and the business overall. During training, management has the right to decide whether to continue employment for candidate
- 1st 3 months will be will probationary period. You will be issued a 1099 contractor form. After 3 months period is done, there will be withholding of taxes. You will then be issued a W-2 form.
- Living close by the tea house recommended. Elmwood Park walking distance highly preferred.
- Clear communication in English. Spanish is a plus. Other languages are a plus!
- Social Media marketing is key. Please help us grow via Instagram + TikTok
Please send resume + hours of availability to firstname.lastname@example.org. Send references from past managerial positions and jobs.
Scan me with your phone camera!